About Jacky And Bowen
Before being involved in the world of complementary therapy, I worked for 22 years as a Local Government Officer, with an honours degree in Building (Conservation Management) and a diploma in Traffic Planning Engineering. The constant throughout my local government career and since then has been dealing with people and helping to solve problems, and this is what I thoroughly enjoy. I have always been interested in energy, bodywork and nutrition, and I changed direction from my local government career to get qualifications and experience in this field.
I am a qualified Bowen Technique Therapist, passionate about the Bowen Technique, and I continue to be in awe of the many benefits to the body that this work can bring. As well as running the Bowen Children's Clinic at Well Beans, I am also the Bowen Therapy Professional Association (BTPA) Children's Clinic Coordinator.
I am a registered Bach Flower Practitioner and thoroughly enjoy this aspect of my work. The impact of our emotions on our general state of health cannot be underestimated and this wonderful healing system based on the essences of natural flowers and trees is a gift to us all that constantly fascinates me. I am also trained in Reiki, Hopi Ear Candling , Holistic Facial Massage, Seated Acupressure Massage and Thai Foot Massage and enjoy the variety of practising these additional therapeutic practices.
- Bowen Technique Practitioner (Cert ECBS)
- Bach Flower Practitioner (BFRP)
- Nutrition Specialist Diploma (City & Guilds)
- Childhood Nutrition and Obesity Prevention
- Pre-natal and post-natal Nutrition
- Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (VTCT)
- Reiki 3rd Degree Master Practitioner
- Seated Acupressure Massage
- Thai Foot Massage
- Hopi Ear Candling (Thermo Auricular Therapy)
- Holistic Facial Massage Certificate (ANM)
- Emergency At Work First Aid
- Pediatric First Aid
- Member of the Bowen Therapy Professional Association (BTPA)
- Registered with the European College of Bowen Studies (ECBS)
- Registered with the Bach Foundation International Register (BFRP)
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)