Bowen Technique Therapy
FASCIAL RELEASE TECHNIQUE
- Full session (45-60 mins): £38
- Student 14 to 18 yrs (45-60 mins): £25 (First session may take up to 75 mins including initial consultation)
- First session Bowen and Bach Flower Remedies combined including personal mix (90 mins): £50
The Bowen Fascial Release Technique is a gentle, relaxing, effective hands-on therapy that works by stimulating the body’s own resources. It consists of light pressure, unique rolling movements made over specific muscles, ligaments and tendons at key stress points of the body. These moves send impulses to the brain which encourage the body to revert to its natural healing state and promote the subtle and fine adjustments needed for re-balancing, re-alignment, tension relief and pain reduction.
As the fastest growing complementary therapy in the UK today, the Bowen Technique can provide relief for a wide range of painful and stress-related conditions. Unlike a number of other therapies, the whole body is treated, rather than just the area of pain. The therapist does not set out to diagnose the cause of the problem, but lets the body try to sort out the problems it finds so it can heal itself.
The Bowen Technique is similar to Bach Remedies in that both are a way of helping the body and mind to heal itself, a way of getting back some balance in the body naturally. To this end, Jacky also offers combined sessions of the Bowen Technique with a personal mix of Bach Remedies to take away after the consultation. This has been a very successful approach as the two healing therapies work very well together.
Treatment can be given through light clothing. A unique and important feature of the Bowen Technique is that the therapist leaves the room for a couple of minutes at a time between sets of moves, to allow the healing process to progress. The gentle nature of the treatment is very relaxing, and leaves the person being treated with a feeling of wellbeing.
Because the body is the real therapist, the treatment continues for some time afterwards. As changes take place any discomfort or pain often reduces and disappears over the following few days.
Significant improvements are often experienced within one to three sessions. Long term aches and pains or deep-rooted problems may need further treatments but the therapist will be able to tell after three sessions how well the body is responding to Bowen before continuing with further treatments.
Because it is a gentle, subtle and relaxing treatment and no manipulation or force is used, it can be the ideal therapy for all sorts of people. It is suitable for both children and adults, from tiny babies to rugby players to the elderly and frail. It can be an effective healing solution for many problems in the body from lack of energy to degenerative diseases, with the added benefit that it appears to have significant positive effects on ‘well being’.
The therapist does not focus solely on the symptoms of disease or discomfort but works holistically, aiming to help the body heal itself. So while a person may seek treatment for a particular disorder, they may also find improvement in other areas.
Aside from pain relief it can help boost the immune system, address inflammatory conditions, help improve circulation, energy and lymphatic flow and regular treatment can help deal with the stresses and strains of modern life.
Bowen has been shown to be extremely helpful, alongside any conventional medical treatment that a person may be receiving, for many conditions, including:
- joint pains and other aches and pains in the neck, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles
- nerve-type pains including sciatica
- migraine and headaches
- whiplash and sports injuries, problems with posture and body alignment
- Bell’s Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease and the difficulties suffered by stroke victims
- respiratory, bronchial and related conditions such as hayfever and asthma
- digestive problems such as IBS
- sports injury prevention
- emotional stress, where relaxation is a prime factor in easing pain and anxiety
Common benefits include:
- effective pain relief
- a noticeable feeling of improved ‘well being’
- a reduction in stress and anxiety levels
- improvement in sleep patterns
- improvement in posture and alignment
- improved immune system functioning
I recently had 3 treatments with Jacky, and from the first treatment I experienced great improvements in my sleep patterns and a huge reduction in my headaches. I have been going back once a month to keep the headaches at bay, and because I feel so good afterwards.”